For Sauce:1 – small Jalapeno chili pepper, rinsed and split lengthwise—remove seeds and white membrane, and mince (about 1 Tbsp); for less spice, use green bell pepper 1 Tbsp – garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves) 3 Tbsp – brown sugar or honey ½ C – water ½ Tbsp – fish sauce 2 Tbsp – lime juice (or about 2 limes)
For Chicken:1 Tbsp – peanut oil or vegetable oil 1 Tbsp – ginger, minced 1 Tbsp – garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves) 12 oz – boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips 1 Tbsp – lite soy sauce 1 Tbsp – sesame oil (optional) 1 Tbsp – sesame seeds (optional)
For Wrap:1 – (small) head red leaf lettuce, rinsed, dried, and separated into single leaves large enough to create wrap 8 – fresh basil leaves, whole, rinsed and dried 2 C – bok choy or Asian cabbage, rinsed and shredded
1) To prepare the sauce, add all ingredients to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and let sit in hot saucepan for 3–5 minutes. Chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until cold.
2) Prepare the chicken by heating oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add ginger and garlic, and stir fry briefly until cooked, but not browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3) Add chicken, and continue to stir fry for 5–8 minutes.
4) Add soy sauce, sesame oil (optional), and sesame seeds (optional), and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, and cover with lid to hold warm in hot sauté pan.
5) Assemble each wrap: Place one red lettuce leaf on a plate, then add ½ cup chicken stir-fry, 1 basil leaf, and ¼ cup shredded cabbage and fold together. Serve two wraps with ¼ cup sauce.
Are you interested in more mouth-watering recipes that are actually healthy for you?
Well, look no more!
I mean, look at all this delicious food!
You can have all of that by checking out this amazing collection of healthy, wholesome recipes, 1000 of them!